Lots of people wait until big elections to vote, like for president. EVERYONE turns out. What we need to remember though is those little elections on local issues will impact us quicker…and locally. A federal decision on an issue or a person may not impact us here in the neighborhood for months, but a school board election, a school bond issue, a council person election has almost immediate impact.
Tuesday, June 2 is an important election day for our region. Municipalities will vote on council people, bond issues, and school boards will vote in new or retain current members.
VERY IMPORATANT: Many people have had their polling place moved. CHECK NOW to see exactly where you will be voting. Also, make sure your voter information is correct. Do that here: League of Women Voters
Below is information about candidate forums happening prior to June 2:
- Kirkwood City Council Virtual Candidate Forum: May 27, 7pm, Kirkwood Public Library, 140 E. Jefferson Ave., Submit questions here by May 25th.
- Ferguson Mayor Virtual Candidate Forum: May 29, 7pm, Ferguson Public Library. Submit question here by May 26th, or email questions to email@example.com.
- Mehlville School Board: CANCELLED.
- Ferguson-Florissant School Board: CANCELLED.
- Webster Groves School Board and City Council: CANCELLED.
Access the Voter Guide online to find out what’s happening in your neighborhood: https://lwv.thevoterguide.org/v/stlouispd20/build.do It includes information on candidates and ballot issues in St. Louis, St. Charles, Jefferson, Franklin, Lincoln and Warren counties. There will be no election in the city of St. Louis.