We understand that every department has its policies, procedures, and practices. Some of them work well and others do not. We are working toward insuring that all police departments are well trained, with community-positive policies and practices that not only foster safety and trust with the civilian population but also protect the men and women in law enforcement.
These are long-term goals of the Police Reform Task Force:
- Quality, annual implicit bias awareness training for all department employees
- Quality training on cultural and social interaction.
- Quality training on appropriate use of force.
- Collection and reporting to State pedestrian stop data.
- School Resource Office (SRO) agreements and accountability.
- For St. Louis City: strengthening the Civilian Oversight Board (COB) with subpoena power and department independence.
- Passage of a new and improved Police Profiling statue for the State of Missouri.