There is never a dull moment in the St. Louis-area social justice scene, and it can be challenging to figure out what’s going on. Listen up as host Kevin Prange gets the lowdown from key players on issues and their impacts reaching from our local St. Louis-area neighborhoods to communities across all of Missouri.
Subscribe to This Is What Democracy Sounds Like to hear new episodes right away:
- There have been two recent court cases in Missouri about absentee and mail-in voting. What happened, and how does it affect you? We talk with Jennifer Lohman of the St. Louis Voter Protection Coalition gives us the answers and other tips on making sure your vote counts. Find voter information at https://www.sos.mo.gov/elections To volunteer to […]
- An unhealthy environment puts extra pressure on people facing poverty, lack of health care options, and racism. We talk with Emmaline Giles of MCU and Leah Clyburn of the Sierra Club Missouri Chapter about organizing people to fight for an environment that fosters thriving communities. We also talk about how COVID-19 has challenged community organizing […]
- Join MCU, Our Lives Matter, and EXPO St. Louis on Oct. 15th in Jefferson City for a call to action rally to demand the Missouri Department of Corrections address Missouri prisons' conditions and provide transparency for their procedures. We talk with Maria Miller of Our Lives Matter and Ex-Incarcerated People Organizing (EXPO) about the rally […]
- Amendment 3 overturns the will of the 62% of Missouri voters who passed Clean Missouri in 2018. It puts redistricting in the hands of politicians, it sets the stage for the most extreme gerrymandering in the country, it will not 1.5 million Missourians for representation, and the politicians behind it have been lying about it […]
- Tuesday is National Voter Registration Day AND the first day of absentee voting in Missouri. Things will be kicked off with the John Lewis "Good Trouble" Voter Awareness March at 11 AM in downtown St. Louis. We talk about this event and all things voting in Missouri with Dr. Gena McClendon of the Brown School […]